Who's Driving Traffic: Social Media Statistics to Close 2014 - Heyo Blog
Social media is a marketing and publishing platform that businesses can leverage to increase engagement with their content and drive leads and sales. In order to do that, marketers need to know which sites are driving traffic, and how media is shared over the various networks. In terms of content engagement, knowing where interactions come from is also key.
So, here are some quick stats on social interaction (Data is pulled from Shareaholic and Digital Insider studies, unless otherwise linked):
- 75% of engagement on Facebook posts occurs in the first 5 hours of posting.
- 53% of brand-to-fan interaction on Google+ is positive.
- 84% of women and 50% of men stay active on Pinterest.
- 78% of Twitter’s active users are on mobile. The number of mobile users for Facebook sits at 399 million.
- 60% of social media time is spent on smartphones and tablets. (source)
- Facebook is still the queen of social traffic – it drove 23% of overall visits to sites and it’s share traffic has skyrocketed, up 150% since 2013.
- Pinterest’s share referrals have grown 59% since 2013
- LinkedIn has lost 77% of their traffic share since 2013
Read more: http://blog.heyo.com/social-media-statistics/#ixzz3JcQ5hdOK